Noun(1) a place (seaport or airport(2) sweet dark-red dessert wine originally from Portugal(3) an opening (in a wall or ship or armored vehicle(4) the left side of a ship or aircraft to someone who is aboard and facing the bow or nose(5) (computer science, especially a computer and a hard disk drive or other peripherals
Verb(1) put or turn on the left side, of a ship(2) bring to port(3) land at or reach a port(4) turn or go to the port or left side, of a ship(5) carry, bear, convey, or bring(6) carry or hold with both hands diagonally across the body, especially of weapons(7) drink port(8) modify (software
Adjective(1) located on the left side of a ship or aircraft
(1) the ferry was listing to port(2) A watchful eye is constantly kept by the patrol on the waters outside the base port .(3) There is a navigation station between the head and the settee and a double quarter berth cabin aft along the port side.(4) loss of fuel from the exhaust port(5) the French port of Toulon(6) You also have to look at alcoholic drinks that are high in sugars like sweet wine, port , liqueurs and beer.(7) I allowed this job to begin without the right number of people, and I allowed a blind spot to develop on the port side of the aircraft.(8) From here the view over the city, the old port and the old town, down to the sea are stupendous.(9) the port has miles of docks(10) Two other rockets were fired from the same warehouse, which is located in the hills on Aqaba's northern edge about five miles from the port .(11) a communications port for optional cellular and other wireless modules(12) Parker had his rifle at the port(13) At least 65 of the electricity transmission towers supplying the port of Umm Qasr and the southern oilfields have been destroyed.(14) they settled down to a final glass of port(15) The wood is transported from the forests to the port of Ardrishaig by road and then south by sea, sometimes via Campbeltown to pick up timber, to Ayr and onto the buyer.(16) In fact, he did not see an exhaust port of any kind - but it might have been on the back of the ship.
(1) serial port :: seria haveno
(2) parallel port :: paralelporte
(3) loading port :: ŝarĝo haveno
(4) port of destination :: haveno de destino
(5) free port :: libera haveno
(6) port of discharge :: haveno de malŝarĝo
(7) port of entry :: haveno de eniro
(8) port of call :: haveno de alvoko
(9) port side :: babordo
(10) port forwarding :: haveno forwarding
1. larboard ::
2. seaport ::
3. harbor ::
4. aperture ::
5. porthole ::
6. larboard ::
7. interface ::
8. port wine ::
port, ported, porting, ports
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
but I can hard PORT in
and give him a little
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
It's got a secret sally PORT,
the Black Gate, as old as the Wall itself.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 9
A boy in every PORT?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
I use them, you see,
to bring spices from one PORT to another.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Depends on the PORT.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Esperanto Dictionary: port
Meaning and definitions of port, translation in Esperanto
language for port with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of port in Esperanto and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'port'
What port means in Esperanto, port meaning
in Esperanto, port
definition, examples and pronunciation
of port in Esperanto language.